Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good Times...Home Again



These little birds were so stinkin' cute, I had to have them.
^
^
^
We're home again!!! Had great weather, good food, fantastic shows where I laughed till the tears were rolling down my face, and some sucessful shopping! What more could one ask for????


The RiverWalk was a good place to try out the speed on my new camera. Not too bad. Love those big deer down there with the Christmas wreaths around their necks. The water fountain is always beautiful. And the gardens were still beautiful.

New shoes, jeans, a top, and a wonderful Santa to sit on the mantle with the others in my collection.
~
A couple of Honors came to the "kids" in the family this weekend......

Jeff, our son the HS Band Director was named to the 50 Music Directors That Make a Difference in the US...he represents Illinois in the SBO magazine. We're quite proud of him, and all his kids and his staff. Remarkable people one and all.

Then Alex, our only grandson, and his partner got 2nd in the finals at the Speech competition at Rochelle this weekend. His first year with this.

And Erin, had a great soccer game tonight....they won 6-0, and she followed in her dad's footsteps with a shutout period as goalie! Good job, ERIN!

Way to go kids!!!!!

Life is good.

4 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Glad to have you back. Congrats to your family on all of their accomplishments. I finally got my hands on some of that filmstrip ribbon and hope to make a tag similar to yours. I love your version of the TH tag--so inspiring! Have to post in the next hour.....

Hels Sheridan said...

Lovely to have you backhun...and many congrats for your talented family....and yes, those birdies are toooo cute!! Have a great week x

inge said...

Hello Linda,
nice tag : I like the colors and the composition.
greetings from belgium
Inge

Art By Wanda said...

Congrats to your son and grandkids!!!! I can just see your face beaming with pride... as it should be.