Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Finger Is Healed


I never showed you what I was working on when I sewed through my fingertip, did I?

It was definitely one of the most "Oh, %#*@!" moments of my life.


Anyhoo, it finally grew out. And it really never hurt too much. So today, after Emma was reunited with mom, dad, puppie and her own room, I broke out the wine, the chocolates the kids brought me, and took down the Grungeboard I had been sewing that day.

Here's a peek at the patchwork I had put together along with a Ten Seconds Studio flower cut with the Spellbinders flowers and added Dimensional Pearls and PP. Then the secret ingredient...UTEE!!!!

The GB has been run through the Cuttlebug, Distress Inked, and sprayed with the Mini Misters and Perfect Pearls. Then I cut it into pieces and sewed like a patchwork quilt and zig-zagged with smoke colored nylon thread.

It definitely was fun.....until the blood started to flow!!!!!!!!! Ha!

More snow here tonight, can't wait for Anaheim and warmer weather at CHA!


P.S. I hear from a little birdie that TSS has some FABULOUS new colors coming out soon......stay tuned!

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Beautiful art as ever Linda...hoping the scaring will be a minimum....I jabbed a pokey tool thru the base of my thumb when I was playing with Grungeboard...that stuff should have a warning on it...addictive...and dangerous ROFL...HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours x

Eva said...

GORGEOUS!!! And wow...you sewed through your finger?? Poor thing...hope it's feeling better!

Anaheim is waiting for you, I am looking outside now and it's beautiful already....hugs and Happy New Year to you!!!

Lori said...

Looks like a really cool piece, what I can see of it! LOL. Lucky you to be getting the heck out of Illinois for a while. Happy New Year to you and yours! I'll be a little closer to you tonight, supposed to go to Texas Roadhouse in Peoria for dinner...what's with men and steak and potatoes?? lol. Have a good one..

Dawn B. said...

Your work is beautiful. I just found your blog. You got my attention on an earlier post went you said Rochelle.. I grew up in Byron IL.. I live in North Carolina now though.. It's much warmer here..lol..Great blog.

Beth Norman said...

I'm so sorry you got hurt. Have a happy new year Linda!

Hugs,
Beth

kelsey said...

Needles & sewing always end up in blood! When I used to do costume work I managed to stitch completely through my index finger with the sewing machine....the thread went through and all! Yep, painful to the max!

Can't wait to hear about all the goodies from CHA!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Looks great!!! I'm so glad the finger is totally better and I can't wait to know the new colors... I'll be staying tuned!!